George W. BLUMAN
Born: 3 June 1943
Education and Degree:
Current Professional Status:
- Professor of Mathematics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Honours, Awards and Prizes:
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) Education Prize (2000);
- Canadian Mathematical Society Adrian Pouliot Prize (2001)
Areas of Expertise:
- Differential equations: symmetries (local and nonlocal), conservation
laws, mappings to linear equations, potential systems, nonclassical method
- five books,
- more than 45 research papers
Selected Scientific Publications (Books):
- G. W. Bluman, J. D. Cole,
Similarity methods for differential equations,
Appl. Math. Sci. Vol. 13, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1974.
- G. W. Bluman,
Problem book for first year calculus, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1984.
- G. W. Bluman, S. Kumei,
Symmetries and differential equations, Appl. Math. Sci. Vol. 81,
Springer, New York, 1989; reprinted with corrections, 1997.
- G. W. Bluman, S. C. Anco,
Symmetry and integration methods for differential equations,
Appl. Math. Sci. Vol. 154, Springer, New York, 2002.
Department of Mathematics
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC Canada
Home page: http://www.math.ubc.ca/~bluman/